Sunday, April 5, 2020

Timing

I used to think that a year was a long time.  I mean when you have only been on the earth for 9 years, your sense of time is arbitrary. I was thinking of a comment one of the little ones made and I realized that to them there's all the time in the world to get things done and accomplished. 

It's as we get older that we start to panic about getting things accomplished in a certain amount of time. It's when we become "adults" that now there are certain milestones that we feel have to be accomplished by a certain age. People spend so much time rushing to get things accomplished that they forget there are things that aren't in their control. They forget that God ultimately has the final say in when we do things. We forget that there is a season for everything. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven". The chapter goes on to talk about all the things we go through in life. It let's us know that everything happens is in his timing. We just have to trust and have faith even more so when we don't understand everything that is going on around us.

My challenge to you is that when you find yourself getting caught up in the why that you pray. You ask God to remind you that while you may not know why things are happening they are happening in his timing.

Where did you lose you?

I'm going to be transparent. I lost my way. Like many of us we caught up in the everyday hustle - the grind and we forget. We forget who...