Thursday, July 18, 2024

Where did you lose you?

I'm going to be transparent. I lost my way. Like many of us we caught up in the everyday hustle - the grind and we forget. We forget who God is. We forget to nurture our relationship with him. Truth be told, we forget to nurture our relationship with ourselves. We forget who we were called to be on this Earth. We let lamp shades, joy vampires, (you can fill in the blank) zap us until we have nothing left to give. We let circumstances keep us from showing up authentically. 

I was reminded of the story of Nehemiah. For those not familiar, Nehemiah gave up his job as cup bearer(wine taster) for the king to rebuild the wall. Because he faced so much opposition, he built with one hand and kept a sword in the other. He knew he was the one uniquely designed for that mission. 

How did he know? He had a relationship with the Creator. He knew God. He knew faith. He knew love. For he did not rebuild the wall for glory or honor he did it for the people. He knew rebuilding the wall would bring a sense of peace to a people who were lost.

What are you looking to for your source of peace? Are you looking to something that's anchor? Are you looking to something that never changes or are your eyes fixed on things that at the drop of a dime can change?

My challenge to you today is to recenter and refocus. Remeber who you are and what your purpose is. For those who are still struggling with this, take time to tap into the Creator. Take time to spend time with GOD in a way in which you can listen. Be open to moments where he's speaking to you without saying a word. 

My prayer for you today is that I hope you never forget who and whose you are. That you learn your purpose and that you stay in a constant state or rediscovery. I also prayer that you take the time to rekindle your relationship with God. Selah.

Where did you lose you?

I'm going to be transparent. I lost my way. Like many of us we caught up in the everyday hustle - the grind and we forget. We forget who...