Saturday, April 26, 2008

Today

Lupe Fiasco's song "Superstar" starts off with the lines:
"Wanna' believe my own hype but it's too untrue
The world brought me to my knees, what have you brung you?
Did you improve on the design? Did you do somethin' new?"

It makes you think about the way you move through this life. What is t that you're doing to change things? What is it that you're doing to improve the world?

We like to think that the only way to change the world is to make loads of money, and donate money. What about donating time? What about taking the kid down the block that might be running around with a rough crowd and showing him that there is another way? How about going into a classroom, and letting the children know that ts ok to be smart?

Among other things, there are things we can do to change the world. But we have to start at home first. We can think big, but we got to take care of our own first.

So I want you to think about it:
"The world brought me to my knees, what have you brung you?
Did you improve on the design? Did you do somethin' new?"

Where did you lose you?

I'm going to be transparent. I lost my way. Like many of us we caught up in the everyday hustle - the grind and we forget. We forget who...